- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 15.5oz can chickpeas, drained (or 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 cup roasted red peppers (jarred is 100% fine)
- 4 oz provolone cheese, cubed (or cheese of choice like pepper jack or mozzarella pearls)
- 8 oz salami, cubed
- handful basil leaves, cut into thin ribbons
- handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- optional: 2 tbsp giardiniera peppers, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice or juice of 1 small lemon+zest
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Combine all the dressing ingredients into a blender bowl and blend until everything is processed and smooth. Store separately, covered in the fridge. Shake well before using.
- Toss remaining ingredients into a large bowl, add dressing and toss to coat with two large spoons. Serve immediately.
Dressing: I don’t like a lot of dressing on my salad so I usually end up with some leftover. The dressing will be good for up to 5 days in the fridge. Just store in a mason jar or a container with a tight fitting lid.
The olive oil may harden while refrigerated. To liquefy, simply leave on the counter for 30 mins and bring to room temp.