- prepared refrigerated pizza dough (enough for 1 10-inch pie)
- 1 chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup bbq sauce of choice (I like a sweet and spicy sauce)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- sea salt to sprinkle on top
- 1 egg beaten (for egg wash)
- bbq sauce/ ranch dressing for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, onions, and 1/2 cup bbq sauce. Mix well and set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough into a 10-inch circle.
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, make 3 intersecting cuts in the center of the pizza 1/3 of the way, that looks like you’re cutting the dough into 6 pieces. DO NOT CUT ALL THE WAY TO THE EDGE.
- Spread the remaining 1/2 cup of bbq on the crust.Sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese evenly. Top with bbq chicken mixture and cilantro. Top with remaining cheese.
- Take the points of the previously cut sections in the center and fold them over the chicken mixture, overlapping with the outer edge of the pizza ring. Pull dough tight along edges to create tight pockets. Tuck neatly and press the overlapping edges to seal.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place a bowl filled with more bbq sauce or ranch dressing in the center of the ring and serve hot.