- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 head garlic
- 2 tbsp 1/3 less fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets (4–5 cups)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the top off the entire head off the garlic so that a part of the cloves are exposed. Place exposed clove side down on a piece of aluminum foil large enough to tightly wrap around the garlic head.* Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the garlic becomes soft and is easily able to be squeezed out of the skin. Set aside to cool.
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a rolling boil on high heat. Add 1/2 tsp of salt. Add cauliflower florets and bring back to a boil. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until cauliflower stalks are tender.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, squeeze the roasted garlic out of its skin into a large, deep bowl. Add cream cheese and salt. Strain cauliflower and combine with the cream cheese and salt mixture. Using a hand blender or food processor, puree cauliflower until smooth. Stir in pepper, cheese and butter.
- Serve hot with additional pats of butter on top, if desired.
*You can do this ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to use.