- 2 lbs ground chicken breast
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper (more for hot sausage)
- Remove all excess liquid from chicken. In a large bowl, mix together chicken, fennel seeds, oregano, basil, salt, and red pepper. Mix until well blended.
- Slowly add in breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Form 12 round patties, in 1 inch thickness.
- Set aside for 15 minutes before cooking or if storing, place in air tight container, and refrigerate for us to 5 days. Lasts 3 months in the freezer.
- To cook:
- Lightly grease a medium skillet and heat on medium heat. Add the sausage patties, cooking for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Alternatively, to add sausage into sauces etc, break up patties with the back of a spoon until no large pieces remain. Cook as normal.