- 1 lb. ground chicken (breast, thigh, or combo)
- 3 cups shredded cabbage*
- 2 cups shredded carrots*
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (low sodium is best)
- 1 tsp Srirarcha sauce (optional)
- cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Mix together soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and Sriracha and set aside.
- In wok or a heavy bottomed pan, heat oil on high heat.
- Add onions and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and sauté, while breaking up any chunks that may form, about 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage and carrots, cooking until the vegetables are tender but still crisp, about 5-6 minutes. Fold in the vegetables and meat as the vegetables wilt. Scrape the sides of the pan to prevent the vegetables from sticking.
- Add soy sauce mixture and fold into vegetables until well incorporated. Cook for 1 minute.
- Take off heat
*can be substituted with 1 bag coleslaw mix