- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup fat-free greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9X5 loaf pan and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine bananas, yogurt, applesauce, coconut oil and beat with a wire whisk until combined. Add one egg at a time, whisking well to completely incorporate. Stir in vanilla, maple syrup, and brown sugar.
- Gently stir in dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Do not overmix. Stir in walnuts, if adding.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and smooth to an even layer.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack. Store in airtight container, in the refrigerator for up to one week or freeze for 2-3 months.