- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 seedless cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large or 2 medium avocados, pitted and sliced
- 4 eggs, hardboiled, peeled, and quartered
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (less for milder chicken)
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/2 tbsp dried chopped onion
- 2 tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (use whole30/paleo compliant if needed)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- 1 tbsp dijon or stone ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp milk or hot water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- MARINATE THE CHICKEN: coat the chicken with 1/2 of the hot sauce, cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours. Set aside.
- MAKE THE DRESSING: combine mayonnaise with all the ingredients except for oil and water/milk. Stir with a whisk until well blended. Drizzle in olive oil while whisking the mayonnaise mixture until fully combined. Add the milk/water, 1 tbsp at a time, until it reaches desired consistency. Add more liquid for thinner dressing and less for thicker dressing. Adjust salt and hot sauce accordingly. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- GRILL THE CHICKEN: Coat a large pan with oil and cook chicken over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side, until the chicken is completely cooked and juices run clear. Cover with aluminum foil and set aside.
- ASSEMBLE THE SALAD: Add lettuce in the bottom of a large bowl along with onions, cucumbers and tomatoes. Arrange egg quarters and avocados on top of the lettuce. Dice the chicken and toss with the remaining hot sauce. Add to salad. Top with dressing and serve immediately.