- 12 corn tortillas, heated until pliable*
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups (8 oz) chunk pepper jack cheese, grated (or cheese of choice)
- 4–5 medium firm potatoes (such as yukon gold), peeled and cubed
- 1 packed cup chopped spinach
- 3 tbsp 0% fat greek yogurt
- 2 cups 2% milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus some more for brushing pan to cook eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- COOK THE POTATOES AND SPINACH: Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan on medium high heat. Add potatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Add 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp chili powder. Continue to cook as potatoes become tender. Add granulated garlic and stir to coat the potatoes. Flip potatoes to caramelize other side. Cook until potatoes are tender, until a fork pierces through easily. Remove potatoes and set aside. Add spinach in the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes, until spinach is wilted. Remove from pan and set aside.
- COOK THE EGGS: Combine eggs and greek yogurt in a large bowl and whisk rigorously until mixture is fully blended. Lightly brush a COLD pan with oil and pour in eggs. On low heat, cook for 2-3 minutes, until eggs begin to set and you can see the edges start to solidify. With a spatula, gently break up the eggs by stirring. Gently flip the eggs to cook the other side. Cook 1 minute, or until eggs set. Remove from pan and set aside.
- MAKE THE SAUCE: Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan on medium high heat. Once oil is heated, sprinkle in flour, while whisking with a wire whisk, to make sure clumps do not form. Cook to get rid of raw flour taste, while stirring, about 2 minutes. Slowly pour in milk while continuing to mix and making sure there are no lumps in the sauce. Whisk in broth, 1/2 tsp salt, paprika, 1/2 tsp chili powder, and black pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer to thicken the sauce. Turn off the heat and add in 1 cup of cheese.
- MAKE THE FILLING: In a large bowl combine 1/2 cup cheese, 1 1/2 cups sauce, eggs, potatoes, and spinach until blended. Set aside.
- ASSEMBLE THE ENCHILADAS: Pour 1/2 cup of remaining sauce into an 11X13 pan and spread eventy. Spoon filling mixture into each tortilla, roll tortilla with seams overlapping and lay in pan, seam side down. You will be able to arrange 8 widthwise and 2 rows of two lengthwise, on the sides of the pan. Pour remaining sauce evenly over assembled enchiladas. Top with remaining cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
- BAKE: covered at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, until cheese is melted. Uncover foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Serve hot.
*In a dry pan, on high heat, heat one tortilla at a time, 15-20 seconds on each side until tortillas become soft. Wrap in aluminum foil or towels to keep warm.