- 1 large egg at room temperature*
- 1 1/4 cup very mild olive oil/avocado oil**
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 1–2 tbsp lemon juice/juice of half a lemon (at room temperature)
- With the blade fitted into the bowl of the food processor, add the cracked egg, along with 1/4 cup oil, salt, pepper, mustard powder, garlic clove, and lemon juice. Fit securely with lid and and run the food processor on high.
- Slowly drizzle in remaining cup of olive oil, in a steady steam through the food processor spout as the processor runs. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Store in an airtight container/glass mason jar with a lid, in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
*if you don’t have room temperature eggs, cover a whole egg with warm water for a few minutes to let it warm up.
**the milder the flavor of the oil, the less the taste of the oil will come through in the mayo. There are brands that sell very mild versions of olive oil. The lighter the oil, the milder the flavor.